Minutes of Meeting
Let us discuss what is Minutes ofMeeting and how to conduct the Meeting and how to capture the Minutes of the Meeting.
In the short form, we can call Minutes of the Meeting as MOM also.
1. Gather the Minutes of Meeting
The first step in gathering the minutes ofMeeting is to prepare the agenda. This includes identifying what needs to be discussed at the meeting, who should attend theMeeting, and any other relevant information that may help the group understand the purpose of theMeeting. Once this has been done, the next step is to invite everyone who needs to be present at the meeting. If theMeeting is being held online, then the invitation can be sent via email.
2. Write the Minutes ofMeeting
Once everyone has arrived at the meeting, the facilitator should introduce themselves and explain the purpose of the meeting before starting the discussion. They should also make sure that everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in the meeting. After this introduction, the facilitator should ask each person to share their thoughts about the topic that was identified earlier. Each participant should have 5-10 minutes to speak. When they are finished speaking, the facilitator should summarize the points raised by each speaker.
3. Review the Minutes of Meeting
After the meeting has ended, the facilitator should review the minutes of theMeeting.
These minutes should include the following details: or Minutes of theMeeting Format.
1. Who attended theMeeting?
This is very important to note down who all are participated or attended this Meeting.
For example : Attendee name and whether he is from our organization or from client.
2. What was discussed at theMeeting?
Mention in detail what was discussed in thatMeeting point wise.
3. What were the outcomes of the discussion?
How to capture the minutes ofMeeting ?
1. Take notes
Take notes at meetings. You don’t have to write down everything that’s said, but jot down some highlights. This will help you remember what was discussed and who said what.
2. Use sticky notes
Sticky notes are great for capturing ideas and thoughts. They’re small enough to carry around and stick anywhere. Write down your ideas and thoughts on them.
3. Keep a journal
Keep a journal. note down any ideas or thoughts that come to mind. You can use this to keep track of things you want to do later.
why we need to capture the minutes of meeting ?
1. To record the decisions that were taken at theMeeting.
2. To ensure that everyone who was involved in the decision making process has a copy of the minutes.
3. To have a permanent record of what happened at theMeeting.
4. To have a record of the discussions that took place.
5. To make sure that no one forgets anything that was discussed.
6. To keep track of any future meetings.
What is meant byMinutes of the meeting?
Meeting minutes are notes that are recorded during aMeeting. They highlight the key issues that are discussed, motions proposed or voted on, and activities to be undertaken. The minutes of a meeting are usually taken by a designated member of the group
What is the main purpose of minutes of aMeeting?
of minutes is to create an official record of the actions taken at aMeeting. Minutes serve to both memorialize the actions taken for those attending theMeeting as well as for those who were unable to attend theMeeting.
How do I write minutes of aMeeting?
- 1 Date and time of theMeeting. …
- 2 Names of the participants. …
- 3 Purpose of theMeeting. …
- 4 Agenda items and topics discussed. …
- 5 Action items. …
- 6 Next meeting date and place. …
- 7 Documents to be included in the report.
Business Analyst , Functional Consultant, Provide Training on Business Analysis and SDLC Methodologies.