The format of meeting minutes can vary depending on the organization, the nature of the meeting, and personal preference. However, a standard format often includes the following sections:
The heading usually includes data such as:
- Name of the organization or group
- Type of meeting (weekly, monthly, special, etc.)
- Date and time of the meeting
- Location of the meeting
2. Attendees and Absentees
This section lists the names of:
- Participants present
- Participants absent
3. Approval of Previous Minutes
A statement that indicates whether the minutes from the previous meeting were read and approved.
4. Agenda Items/Topics for Discussion
In this section, each agenda item is listed along with a brief summary of the discussion for each, including:
- Key points raised
- Decisions made
- Motions taken or rejected
- Future considerations
5. Action Items
This part includes:
- What actions need to be taken (tasks assigned)
- Who is responsible for each action
- The deadline for each action
6. Next Meeting
Details about the next meeting, including:
The time the meeting ended.
8. Signature Line
The person who prepared the minutes usually signs them.
Here is a simple format:
[Organization/Team Name] – Meeting Minutes
Date: Time: Location:
Approval of Minutes:
Agenda Item #1:
- Action Items:
Agenda Item #2:
- Action Items:
(…Continue for all Agenda Items…)
Meeting Adjourned at:
Minutes Prepared by:
Remember that the meeting minutes should be concise and clear, capturing the key points and decisions made during the meeting.
Hope it provided over on minutes of meeting format.