Meeting minutes are an important part of any meeting, as they record the key points discussed and decisions made. Here is an example of what meeting minutes might look like:
Date: August 7, 2023
Time: 10:00 AM – 11:30 AM
Location: Conference Room A
Attendees: [List of Attendee Names]
Absent: [List of Names who were absent]
Meeting Called by: [Name of the person who called the meeting]
Type of Meeting: [e.g., Weekly Status Meeting, Project Planning Meeting, etc.]
Facilitator: [Name of the person who facilitated the meeting]
Note Taker: [Name of the person who took the minutes]
Agenda Item: Review of last week’s progress
- Summary of last week’s accomplishments.
- Discussion of issues encountered.
- Proposed solutions for issues.
- [Name] to follow up on issue A.
- [Name] to provide an update on solution B.
Agenda Item: Plan for the coming week
- Review of tasks for the coming week.
- Allocation of tasks.
- [Name] to begin work on task C.
- [Name] to coordinate with team D.
Agenda Item: Other business
- Discussion of miscellaneous topics.
- [Name] to provide a report on topic E.
- [Name] to schedule a meeting with group F.
Meeting Adjourned at: 11:30 AM
Next Meeting: August 14, 2023, at 10:00 AM
Minutes Prepared By: [Name of the person who prepared the minutes]
Date Prepared: August 7, 2023
These are then typically distributed to all attendees (and other relevant parties) after the meeting, so everyone knows what was discussed, what decisions were made, and what needs to be done next.
Hope it helped you to understand the meeting minutes example