What is GAP Analysis?
What is the GAP Analysis and why it is important? GAP means the difference between Current state and future state.
Who performed GAP Analysis?
This is a process performed by Business Analysts and Project Managers. The difference between the current process and future process is known as GAP. This help us to understand where we are (Current State) and where do we want to be (Future State)?
This helps us to measure investment of time, money and human resources required to achieve a particular outcome or desired outcome.
There is no formal method to conduct (GAP) Analysis. It depends on organization to organization and process to process. A simple excel sheet can be used to for this purpose. The main objective of the (GAP)analysis is to provide difference between current state and future state or desired state.
Key Points :
- Good understanding of the current process.
- All the business affecting factors must be well defined.
- GAP analysis is an assessment tool used to find the deviation or gap between what exists versus what is needed or desired.
- No ambiguity in the requirements and future prospects.
- Document the gaps using graphs, charges and images.
- Ensure to include the feedback from the stakeholders.
- Ensure to inform to all the involved parties or stakeholders about the identified gaps.
Different stages in GAP Stages
- Review System
- Develop Requirements
This is one of the best procedures followed by any organization to improve the process and recognize the processes which needs improvement.