I want to talk about what is SanityTesting and who will do the sanity testing and few advantages by performing SanityTesting. There are many testing methods; SanityTesting is one of the method.
1. What Is SanityTesting?
2. Who will do the SanityTesting?
3. The Best Way To Do SanityTesting?
4. SanityTesting Steps
5. Advantages Of SanityTesting
1. What Is SanityTesting?
In SanityTesting, once development is completed, build will be generated and same will be released for testing. User tests the functionality of the software build, whether the functionality is working as per requirement or not. User tests whether critical functionalities are working or not. In simple terms we can tell, Sanity Testing focuses on testing specific functionality after making changes to the code and fixing any bugs.
The aim is to make sure that any reported bugs have been fixed and that the specified functionality works correctly.
2.Who will do the Sanity Testing?
It depends on the organization, in some organizations Business Analyst will do the SanityTesting to ensure no bugs or less bugs in application. It helps Business Analyst to understand the Application functionality.
Here we need not to execute all the test cases, we can test some important and critical test cases. Or else we can review the test case results if this is done by QA team.
3. The Best Way To Do Sanity Testing
As we discussed in above point, it is up to the team and organization that how to perform sanity testing. There is no particular method or document to perform sanity testing.
4. Sanity Testing Steps
As we discussed there is no particular order or steps to perform SanityTesting. But we will try to follow some tips to ensure critical functionalities of the application are working.
- Identify : First understand the requirement and functionality of the application. Then identify what needs to be tested. It is required for any type of testing. This includes functionality, features, and modifications that were introduced to the relevant code or build.
- Validate : The testers will check and validate all of the identified functionality, features, and modifications from the above step.
- Testing : Team will test all the functionalities, features and modifications from the above step. This ensures that application functionality is working as expected.
5. Advantages Of Sanity Testing:
- As team tested end to end functionality, it helps to avoid escalation from the client.
- As functionality has fewer bugs or no bugs, it improves client satisfaction.
- As team tests on concentrated functionality, it is easy to identify the bugs.
There are many testing methods, Functional testing, and integration testing (SIT), Black box testing, regression testing, smoke testing and all.