What are the Advantages of Waterfall Model:
What are the Advantages of Waterfall Model?
- Simple and easy to use
- Easy to manage – each phase has specific deliverable’ s and a review process
- Phases are processed and completed within scheduled time
- Works well if requirements are very clear
- It is one the easiest model to manage. Because of its nature, each phase has specific deliverable’s and a review process. In each phase we will get to know what to deliver and when to deliver.
- Faster delivery of the project
- Process and results are well documented and documentation plays important role in Waterfall methodology.
- Easily adaptable method for shifting teams.
- This project management methodology is useful to manage dependencies.
- It works well for smaller size projects where requirements are easily understandable.
- Handling change request is difficult.
- Feedback from the client is not there.
- There may be chance to no coordination between the teams.
- Team work and coordination is not there
- Continuous improvement process
- This model is not suggestible for Large projects
- If the requirement is not clear at the beginning, we can’t use waterfall methodology because every phase is dependent on previous phase.
- Here next phase will start once previous phase completed.
- Very difficult to move back to makes changes in the previous phases.
- The testing process starts once development is over. Hence, it has high chances of bugs to be found later in development where they are expensive to fix.
- There is no team work in this model.
- Difficult to manage change requests in this model.
I hope now you got some idea about what are the advantages of waterfall Model?.